Helping refugees find the services they need.
Refugee Outreach Assistance and Referral (ROAR):
Bethany’s ROAR program is for low-income refugees or asylees living in Kent, Ottawa, Allegan, or Kalamazoo Counties in Michigan. We seek to ease refugees’ transition to a new life in West Michigan.
You qualify to use ROAR’s services if you are any of the following*:
- Paroled as a refugee or asylee
- Former refugee or asylee admitted for permanent resident status
- Conditional entrant
- Amerasian immigrant
If you qualify, there is no cost to you when you use ROAR’s services. The ROAR program is funded by the State of Michigan.
*You will need proof of your immigration status.
Refugee Outreach Assistance and Referral
901 Eastern Ave. NE
PO Box 294
Grand Rapids, MI 49501
T: 616.224.7540 Ask for the ROAR program.
Business Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
What services does ROAR provide?
ROAR reaches out to refugees in many ways:
- Giving you information in your native language about low-income services and programs
- Helping you apply for services
- Translating for you if your English is limited
- Providing transportation to appointments and teaching you about public transportation
- Making referrals to other services in the community
- Helping you get the most benefit from the services you receive