Sep 06, 2016
Bethany’s foster care blog is committed to providing tips and tools to support current and prospective foster parents. That’s why we’re excited to share that Bethany is hosting the 2016 Northeast Adoption and Child Welfare Summit (NEAS) on October 7–8. Join us!
1051 Landis Valley Rd
Lancaster, PA 17601
NEAS brings together expert speakers, adoptive and foster parents, child welfare professionals, and church leaders to be trained and encouraged and to build new networks to better care for vulnerable children, adolescents, and their families.
Dr. Sharen Ford is a featured speaker at this event. A nationally recognized child welfare consultant, Dr. Ford has 30 years of experience overseeing programs including foster care and adoption for the Colorado Department of Human Services, Division of Child Welfare Services. She is now the program director for adoption and orphan care at Focus on the Family. She is engaged in Wait No More® events, designed to increase awareness about the 100,000 children in the U.S. foster care system who are waiting to be adopted. These events have led to 3,200 children in foster care finding permanent, loving families.
Families can choose from 50 breakout sessions, including:
- Father to the Fatherless with Bishop Aaron Blake, Sr., founder of Harvest Family Life Ministries
- Trust-Based Relational Intervention® with Amanda Howard, assistant professor of psychology at Samford University
- Discipline for Children in Foster Care with Rachel Ashcraft, founder of Foster the Future Alabama
- Permanency is Everyone’s Job with Dr. Sharen Ford, program director for adoption and orphan care at Focus on the Family
The Summit provides resources, support, and education for anyone engaged in meeting the needs of vulnerable children and families who have experienced:
- Foster Care
- Orphanage Environments
- Trafficking & Exploitation
- Displacement as Refugees
- Family History of Violence, Substance Abuse, and/or Incarceration
Reserve your spot and register today!