Supporting Your Family After Adoption
Bethany understands that adoption is a journey and that there will be important questions along the way. Parents and children can both benefit from the expertise of trained professionals during this journey. Our Pennsylvania offices offer post-adoption services to support families with finalized adoption, legal custodianship agreements, and formal kinship agreements.
Our free services, provided through the Statewide Adoption and Permanency Network (SWAN), for children 18 and under include the following:
- Assessments completed to better understand child and family needs
- Case management services that offer support and link families to resources
- Monthly support groups for parents and children
- Respite services to provide rest and relief to families
- Mentorship program to match children with positive role models
Bethany staff also include clinical services at an additional cost. These services include:
- General counseling provided to individuals, families, and couples
- ADOPTS counseling (therapy to Address the Distress of Post-Traumatic Stress)—a specialized treatment approach designed to help adoptive children thrive
Bethany’s dedicated Christian staff believe in hope and healing for families. Our staff is trained in trauma-informed treatment models, specializing in meeting the needs of children placed through foster care, international, and domestic adoptions.
Our counselors are experts on the impact of trauma on children and families and provide specialized trainings in helping parents meet the needs of their children through the use of Trust Based Relational Intervention (TBRI).
For more information on our post-adoption and post-permanency services, please contact your local branch.
*This program is only offered in Pennsylvania locations.