Filling a Short-Term Need
In conjunction with the Children’s Service Society of Wisconsin, SAINT A, and the Bureau of Milwaukee Child Welfare, Bethany Christian Services of Wisconsin is seeking to find temporary homes for children who have been removed from their parent’s or caretaker’s custody.
These children require safe, nurturing homes until the court decides whether the children will be returned to their parents, or if they will require long-term foster care or adoption.
As a short-term foster care family, you will receive ongoing supervision and support and you’ll also have contact with the child’s social worker regarding short-term plans for his/her placement. You will also receive a monthly reimbursement according to the age of the child.
All short-term emergency foster care parents must:
- Be 21 years of age or older and in good health
- Have a sufficient income to support your own personal financial obligations
- Undergo background investigations
- Possess sound judgement and positive parenting skills
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have renter’s or home owner’s insurance on your property
- Have vehicle liability insurance