Helping Others, One Volunteer At A Time
Bethany volunteers enrich the lives of others in many ways. Serving as little as one hour a week, you can provide encouragement, boost someone’s self-esteem, and brighten someone’s future. Bethany invites you to give the gift of your time.
- Mentor: Spend time once a week with at-risk children and teens being a positive role model
- Tutor: Help youth, adults, or families with English and/or homework
- Thrift Store: Aid in the display and merchandise in Bethany’s Thrift Store
- Resettlement: Help with the move in and set up of local housing for refugees
- Transporter: Drive clients to and from appointments; Mileage is reimbursed
- Clerical Aid: Assist with special mailings, answering telephones, or data entry
- Special Events: Help with Bethany-sponsored events and fundraisers
*other opportunities available within both Domestic and Refugee and Immigrant Services
To Become a Volunteer
Bethany Christian Services: Volunteer Services
901 Eastern Ave NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Please Note: Volunteers are asked to provide three character references and permit background checks.
- Cleaning supplies
- Household items
- Complete beds (mattresses and frames) of any size
- New baby layette items
- School supplies
Bethany Christian Services is an official host site for Americorps.