James is a spirited, extroverted and socially charming young boy. He can be warm and affectionate, and enjoys hugs and playful interactions. James has a friendly and mischievous personality, and a good sense of humor. He has an infectious giggle that makes those around him giggle along. Although at times resistant, he does responds to clear, consistent boundaries and the security that comes with a predictable routine. James is your typical ‘rough and tumble’ kind of boy. He is energetic and always game for some fun. He enjoys the trampoline, playing rugby, soccer (football) and cricket. In fact, James loves all ball sports and is really good at them! He also enjoys watching television.
James has an affinity for animals and specifically dogs. He enjoys playing outside with his friends. He is an inquisitive young boy with a practical nature. He appears to enjoy figuring out how things work and can be quite determined in this! James has a strong and present personality. He has learned to adapt through some difficult life experiences by presenting a "tough" persona. He has come a long way in articulating his needs and concerns over the past few months. James is progressing well in his academics and his teacher is reported to be very proud of his work. James loves to read and is very interested in books. He has a great basis of leadership skills and always shares with others. His teacher reports that he is a quick learner and have very accurate work. James is a special, loving and resilient boy that is in need of a family that will commit to love, support and parent him unconditionally. James currently participates in therapy and is reportedly making great strides including having a more trusting relationship in the therapeutic environment.
James would thrive in a patient family who can offer him lots of individual attention and who are trauma-informed. He would greatly benefit from a strong male figure in his life. James would do best as the youngest child within a family and whose parents are willing to help him maintain important birth family relationships. It is recommended that his future adoptive parents have patience and can set loving yet firm limits for him.
James was asked a few questions about his daily life and he shared the following:
1. Where do you go to school? What grade are you in? Who is your teacher? Temperance Town Primary, Grade 3 B, Teacher Rippenaar
2. What do you like about going to school? What don’t you like about going to school? I like to learn.
3. What is your favorite subject in school? Why do you like this subject? Mathematics, because it makes me even more smarter
4. What is your worst subject at school? Why do you dislike it? Nothing.
5. Who is your favorite teacher? Why do you like him/her? Teacher Meyer, she is always friendly
6. Who is your best friend at school? Why do you both get along so well? Jiraido, we never fight and he helps me.
7. What do you do with your friends at school during breaks and in free time? I play netball with the girls. When Jiraido asks me for bread I give him some
8. What do you do every day when you get home from school? I dress in my normal clothes, I eat bread and then go and play
9. Do you like sports? What is your favorite sport? Do you like to play this sport or watch? Yes, I like rugby, soccer and athletics. I like to play and watch sport.
10. What is your favorite meal to eat? How often do you eat? Spaghetti and Pancakes
11. What kinds of things do you do to take care of your health? I eat, sleep, I eat vegetables and exercise
12. What are the things you like to do for fun? I like to play games on the computer
13. What are you really good at? Soccer and rugby
14. Who do you like to spend time with? Why do you like to spend time with them? Jiraido, because he gives me love
15. What are the things that are yours that are really important to you? My rugby ball
16. What kinds of things make you angry? What do you do when you get angry? When someone is rude and when someone dies.
17. Who can you go to if you need help/assistance with something? I can tell the police or the nannies.
18. What would you like to have as a job when you grow up? What do you think about going to college? A soccer player or an athlete
19. Who would you really like to meet in person? What do you admire about this person? Usain Bolt, because he is very fast
20. What do you like best about yourself? That I can eat and sleep.
21. If you had one wish to make something happen in your life, what would you wish for? That everyone in the world would be good.
We have more to share about James and his story! To learn more please contact your local worker or global worker via portal message or phone call.
11 Years Old