How can we help your family face adoption challenges?
If you or your family are facing adoption challenges, we can provide expertise and support. Depending on your level of need and desire, we can provide consultation for support, coaching, or counseling.
Consultation After Adoption
Post-adoption specialists will work with you to assess needs and concerns during challenging situations, provide recommendations for support, link you to adoption-competent community resources, and provide follow-up to ensure your needs have been met.
Coaching for Adoptive Family Relationships
For individuals who are seeking more support, coaching is available to provide one-on-one guidance. Whether meeting face to face, through a virtual meeting or by phone, sessions can be scheduled at your convenience.
- Assessment of strengths and needs
- Identifying goals and developing strategies
- Professional consultation with other service providers
- Follow up support
NOTE: Please be aware that consultation is not considered clinical counseling and will not be billable through insurance providers.
Counseling for Post-Adoption Challenges
Counselors can assist individuals, couples, and families with a variety of experiences related to adoption. These services may be provided by our licensed, clinical staff in select locations. For other locations, we can refer you to adoption-competent providers in your community. Some areas that can be explored through counseling include:
- Making meaning out of your adoption experience
- Responding to other’s questions about adoption
- Sharing difficult information with children
- Depression and anxiety
- Grief and loss
- Parenting or marital issues
- Sibling relationships
- Adjusting as a multi-cultural family
- Understanding adolescent needs and behavior
- Trauma-informed therapy