Providing Continued Support
Bethany is committed to providing quality social services that enhance the lives of those touched by adoption. Knowing that adoption creates unique needs and challenges after your adoption is finalized, we created the Post-Adoption Contact Center (PACC). Available by phone or e-mail, PACC is staffed by licensed, adoption-competent professionals that provide support, education and referral assistance to anyone touched by adoption.
Who Can Receive Help?
While our branch offices are often the best informed about resources in their local community, the contact center is also ready to provide support and information to anyone seeking help after adoption, including:
- ANY birthfamily members, adult adoptees, and adoptive family members throughout the United States can contact the center. You do not have to be a current or former Bethany client.
- Bethany clients no longer living near a branch or over the years have lost their connection with branch staff. The contact center can be an initial connection in those situations until a more long-term connection can be made with a service provider. You can also contact your branch directly.
- Individuals may prefer to remain anonymous in seeking help about post-adoption issues. We understand that everyone experiences their adoption journey differently.
What Services Are Offered?
The contact center offers the following services nationwide:
- Free initial consultation
- Timely responses with information
- One-on-one assistance with researching and accessing services
- Developing a goal-oriented support plan
- Professional consultation with other service providers
- Follow-up support
What Concerns Can Be Addressed?
Some examples of common post adoption issues including:
- Grief and loss
- Openness in adoption
- Trust and attachment
- Identity and life stages of adoption
- Family dynamics and adoption adjustment
- Trauma, abuse, and neglect
- Challenging behavior
- Planning for birthfamily search
How to Contact Us
The Bethany Post-Adoption Contact Center is availale by phone or e-mail. You can also complete a contact us form on this website. Hours of operation are shown below. We look forward to hearing from you!
8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (ET)
Monday–Friday except U.S. holidays