Support and Education
Bethany Christian Services’ Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention (CANP) program works to provide parenting support and education for at-risk families in an effort to reduce the number of families entering the child welfare system due to abuse and neglect. Parenting classes for at-risk families are provided using The Incredible Years ® curriculum, an evidenced-based parenting program designed to promote emotional and social competence and to prevent, reduce, and treat aggression and emotional problems in school-age children.
*Services are provided in Muscogee County, Georgia.
Program Overview / Goals
- Evidenced-based parent training classes designed to promote positive parenting skills
- Strengthen positive relationships and attachments between parents and children
- Provide parents with strategies to deal with their children’s behavior problems
- Empower parents to promote their children’s social, emotional, and academic development
- Help prevent and treat children’s oppositional and aggressive behaviors
- Families with elementary or middle school aged children. Children must currently be living in the home.
- Families living in Muscogee County, Georgia