Finding a Family
Faithfully One-by-One is a Bethany program that reaches out to faith communities and asks them to join the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services Division of Children, Youth, and Family Services (DCYF) in meeting the needs of every child who does not have a family.
Our commitment is to find a family for each child, no matter how long it takes.
We seek people within faith communities who will accept the responsibility of caring for the most vulnerable among us. This commitment can be both rewarding and challenging, as some children may have medical, emotional, or developmental challenges. Families need time, energy, and patience to help children feel safe and secure.
Faithfully One-by-One is also committed to supporting foster and adoptive families. We seek people in New Hampshire faith communities who will share their love, gifts, skills, and time by:
- Providing respite care to an adoptive or foster care family
- Donating funds for music lessons, prom dresses, camp, class trips, or photographs
- Donating services such as tutoring, providing haircuts, or tickets to a local event
- Donating goods such as clothing, sports equipment, or luggage
- Becoming a contact person in your community to get the word out about the need for foster and adoptive parents and to help coordinate support for current foster and adoptive families
We welcome your ideas and your support!