Every Child Needs a Loving Family
Carlos was in foster care for most of his life. He can’t remember how many temporary homes he lived in or how many schools he attended—but all those years, he felt the urgency of finding a family that would love him.
Unfortunately, time ran out for Carlos. Never having been adopted, he moved into an independent living home at the age of 18.
In Michigan, thousands of children like Carlos, are waiting to be adopted by a forever family. These children long for a permanent home and parents who will love them unconditionally.
The Bible is clear that God has a special place in His heart for the orphan. As Christians, we enjoy a new life and a new relationship with God because we have been adopted into His family. As recipients of this wonderful grace, He's calling on us to act on behalf of the orphans in our midst.
Project Open Arms is a ministry that acts on this calling and works to find a loving family for every waiting child in Michigan. This ministry seeks to raise awareness and reach out to local churches to find families that want to be adoption advocates, recruiters, or that want to adopt.
You can help find families for children in the Michigan Foster Care system by:
- Increasing awareness in your church and community of the need for adoptive families.
- Promoting and recruiting families for specific waiting children.
- Promoting and conducting information meetings, trainings, adoption events, bulletin announcements, and small group discussions within your church.
Recruiting additional churches in your community to participate in Project Open Arms.
- Holland, Michigan Foster Care
- Kalamazoo, Michigan Foster Care
- Madison Heights, (Detroit) Michigan Foster Care
- Grand Rapids, Michigan Foster Care
- Traverse City, Michigan Foster Care