May 21, 2015
Life is full of choices, and the ones we make today directly affect the larger story of our lives…including how we spend our money. Exercising Biblical stewardship is acknowledging that everything we have comes from the Lord, and being faithful with the resources He’s entrusted to us. When investing, there are three choices we can make:
- High risk investments.
- Safe but low yield investments.
- A guaranteed rate of return.
Charitable Gift Annuities (CGAs) are the perfect example of option three. CGAs provide a secure and predictable income for your retirement, while blessing the ministries you care about like Bethany Christian Services. CGAs offer other benefits too, including:
- A guaranteed rate of return that is 4-5 times greater than that of CDs.
- An income stream that’s payable for life.
- Tax deductions. Whether you fund a CGA using cash or appreciated stock, you’re entitled to an income tax deduction for a portion of the amount you invest. Plus, gifts of appreciated stock can help you save on capital gains as well.
- The ability to impact lives for Christ through a legacy gift.
Don’t let good choices be left on the cutting room floor. Instead, consider how your choices – such as making a gift with a Charitable Gift Annuity - can bring about blessing for the Kingdom of God as expressed in 1 Samuel 12:24, “only fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart.”
For the full version of this article, ask for a FREE copy of “Making Choices that Make a Difference” by simply contacting us at 866.905.7526.