How Much Does Infant Adoption Cost?
One of the primary barriers for many families who are considering adoption, is the cost of adoption; however, we have helped thousands of people achieve their goal of adopting. Through generous donations, adoption tax credits, and other sources mentioned below, many families have found creative methods to meet the costs of an adoption.
Sources of Financial Assistance for Adoptions
Adoption Tax Credits
In recent years, the federal government and several state governments have offered tax credits. It is important to understand the difference between a tax deduction and a tax credit.
- A tax deduction reduces the amount of income on which the government bases your taxes.
- A tax credit is the amount deducted from the taxes you owe.
We cannot give tax advice, so be sure to consult your tax advisor about the availability of any government tax credit (state or federal) and how that credit may benefit you.
Other Adoption Grants and Subsidies:
- If you are active duty personnel in the military, you can qualify for grants and subsidies toward adoption.
- Southern Baptist pastors can also qualify for a grant through The Adoption Fund for Ministers.
- Check with your employer about adoption benefits that may be offered through your workplace.